07973957481 - 07931801472
Each conversion is different, we have provided this procedure to give our clients a guide as to how their conversion will take place.
- The existing door is removed and, where necessary, a new concrete lintel will be installed to ensure sound foundations for your new wall
- A new external wall is created, using bricks to match your home, and the shape of your new room is complete.
- The cables for your electrical sockets and switches are installed. (First Fix)
- Any pipe work for extra radiators are installed.
- The walls and ceiling are insulated to comply with Building Control and then dry lined ready for plastering.
- Your new floor is installed making including insulation and membranes again to comply with Building Control.
- Your new window is installed at this stage making the room watertight and weatherproof
- At this stage we knock through to your existing home to join the rooms together.(if this is your requirment)
- The walls and ceiling are now skimmed or plastered creating a smooth finish to your room which is then ready for decoration.
- Skirting boards and moulding around doors are now fixed to provide a neat finish.
- Our electricians carry out their second fix by wiring sockets and switches to the cables which they installed earlier in the project.
- Radiators are installed to the pipe work which was laid earlier in the project.
- On completion of the conversion we will clean the site and do a final inspection with you to show you the completed project. We will explain all work that has been carried out and confirm that you are 100% happy with your new habitable accommodation.
- We will then organise for the local building inspector to do his completion check. This check is to make sure we as a company had adhered to all the local building regulations required. Following the completion check you will receive your completion certificate.
- Your new room is complete and ready for you to start decorating ! (We can help with this too if you wish)